My Top 6 Fonts

Happy Thursday, y'all!


I'm headed out for the weekend and am bringing my sketchbook with me to work on a few cards. No matter where I am, there are a few fonts that follow me. They are the ones I always revert back to when designing a card because they work for every theme, every occasion, and every style of card.

Here are my top 6 go-to fonts for designing - for some reason, I went for the word "always":

1. Classic tall font

I've been using this font since the beginning of my card making days! It's clean, simple and fills the space you need. This one is great for titles and large font.

2. Western large font

I picked up this one after watching old Westerns and trying to mimic the title font. This is a more simplistic example, but I love the old time feel of this font. You can spice it up with more exact lines and details as a title and large font design.

3. Minimalistic small font


I use this one for subheadings and body text as it fits well under larger fonts. This one gives off a tumblr-esque vibe with its length and spacing. It also makes for clean-cut designs.

4. Wrap large font

There are no words to express my love for this font! If you've seen my cards, I use this one often. It's similar to the classic tall font, but it wraps around the shapes/text it is near. I also give it an uneven look my making the tails of the letters different heights. This one is great as body text or title text.

5. Shadowed small font

I would call this one a "romantic font" because it's so lovely. Similar to using calligraphy, you find the shadows of the letters and draw them, but without filling the spaces. This font works well as a title or body text.

6. Calligraphy large font

My recent learning experience, calligraphy! I'm still working with brush pens to improve the simpler method of calligraphy font, but I've found this style is much cleaner. I start with a thin calligraphy style text, then shadow the letters and fill the spaces. It's a beautiful font and in high demand these days!

- - - - - - - - 

I'll be traveling for the next few days so I won't be posting as often, but I hope you'll try some new fonts in the meantime! If you're looking for these fonts in cards, check out the bundle deal of cards in my shop. This deal will only be available until Monday, July 9 so pick one up while you can!

I hope you'll find your fonts and use them to make someone's day ;) Have a great weekend!

Best,
India


Comments

Popular Posts