Announcements and Lots of Joy



Hi, friends!

It makes me a little giddy when I see a new custom card order in my inbox. I started my Etsy shop specifically with customs in mind - I had seen amazing custom work from artists and crafters in the past and wanted to bring that same personalized touch to my shop. There's something special about collaborating with a customer and bringing their ideas to paper, especially for the biggest events of their lives.

I've received a lot of custom orders lately for upcoming brides and mamas-to-be, two huge events not only for the bride/mama but for their friends and family as well! I filled a big bridesmaid announcement card order back in September that was kind of my break into the announcement cards field. The cards that have followed have been filled with emotion that I didn't expect to come from announcements - tragedy, loss, and yet immense joy and fun all the same. Here's a look at some of my favorites so far.

. . . . . .



Oh, Hello!

I love the "Oh, hello!" expression cards I've seen in creative circles, so I was excited to use it for this mama's cards! One was for her family and the other for her boss, each signed with X's and O's. I thought it was touching that she wanted one for her boss as well. This boy will be special in so many peoples' lives!

. . . . . .



Recovery and New Beginnings

This woman's parents lost everything in the devastation of the Harvey floods, but she used the welcoming of a new baby into the family to bring hope to their situation. The blank cards below were announcements for her friends who are going to be mamas soon. It was an honor to be a part of her story and the hope she was giving to her loved ones through a new life. I wish I could meet her and tell her how much joy it gave me to make these cards!



The back of the announcement card - I loved seeing the handlettering and the stamp together!

. . . . . .




Wee Dat!

This one made me laugh! These baby announcement cards were for a mama-to-be in Louisiana, and "Who dat? Wee dat!" is an expression used by New Orlean Saints fans (or so I've been told - Midwestern girl over here). This was also my first request for a face design in a card, so I brought out the watercolors to bring some life to the drawing. They were all a blast to make! She told me later that they were a hit with her family and asked for a large print of the drawing.

. . . . . .

Nothing but goodness from these past few customs! If you're looking for custom cards like these, stop by my shop or message me on Instagram or Facebook for more info. There are also some pre-made options for every occasion! I'd love to work with you and spread some more joy through your stories :) 

xxo,
India


Comments

Popular Posts