Simple Prayer Board

Good morning, lovely folks!

I was needing a place to put all of my prayers where I could see them, so I put together a prayer board. I kind of dropped the mood board idea that I was using before - it was easier to pin and reblog inspiration on creative platforms, and I was able to stay more up to date this way. But a prayer board, I can do!

The entire process took about 10 minutes, which is great for those who don't have a lot of time to spend on crafting.



WHAT I USED:

- a square cork board (I used this one from Target)
- a roll of thin rope
- scrap paper
- printed pictures
- clothes pins
- scissors

THE PROCESS:

I wrapped the rope around the board once, tying it off, then continued wrapping it in a random formation - there's no formula to this part. I cut and tied it off at the back of the board once I was done.

Then, I cut out some photos and started pinning them onto the rope using clothes pins. I'm a visual person, so being able to see my prayers in photos helps to remember them and add some decorations to the board in the process. My biggest prayer has been unity, so I focused on visualizing that.

I stuck my verse of the week in there as well - visualization is also great for memorization. I'll finish by pinning my prayer list in the middle. Super simple!

I found that the clothes pins I had were too large, so mini clothes pins will work best. I wanted my board to be a relaxing place to visit, so the less cluttered, the better. I've seen wooden tacks as well that would look great with this layout.







I'm hanging it up next to my bed so I can spend some time in prayer in the morning and at night (and y'know, all the time) ;)

Have any tips on making a prayer board or want to share yours? Let me know in the comments and on Instagram - I'll make sure to repost and share!

Have a great week, friends :)

- India

Comments

Popular Posts