Life Update!



"It's been a minute" as they say where I'm from! Hello again :)

Just wanted to share a few updates on life + what's going on with cards. I've been learning it's important to keep in touch with your people all the time because creation is a process and like life, it's not always super exciting! But that's okay :) Here's what's up:

1. Junior year - I'm over halfway done with college! Whaat! I still feel like that awkward teen trying to figure out how to be an adult and eating pasta salad for every meal (sometimes I still do). I'm taking online classes this year, so it's given me more free time to travel and spend time with the ones I love. I'm still getting down the card making part in the middle of it all, but I'm bringing home those A's so it's good ;)

2. 9 to 5 (what a way to make a living) - I'm a working girl now (beyond Etsy and photos) - I'm an assistant for one of my longtime photo friends, Lissa Chandler! I've known her for over three years and worked with her on photos before, so it was a perfect fit! I'm editing galleries and doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work on her beautiful photos. It's been so helpful for my own photography and wonderful to work with her and her team! You can check out my intro to her team here + some flashbacks to my skater days (I kid, but only slightly).

3. BIG opportunities - I have a huge project coming in October that I'm over the moon excited about! Hint: it has to do with calligraphy :) I'm collaborating with a bunch of other creatives for it, and I can't wait to see what we can make! I'll be sharing some sneak peeks on Instagram as it gets closer! 

4. "We put the thought of all that we love into all that we make" - A quote from the Elves in The Lord of the Rings and something all artists are trying to do. I've been making things that I love, like little reminders on my arm to live fully or encouraging sticky notes to my family. I have some card ideas based on thoughts of what I love. No matter if there's school or work or art to do, I'm working on putting love into all of it, "which binds it all together in perfect unity" (Colossians 3:14). It's crazy how much more genuine it all becomes.

Have some new things happening in your life or tips on making art a daily practice? Leave a comment below and start the conversation. I love hearing from you!

And as usual, check out my shop for your handmade card needs!

Until the next card, friends. I hope your day is full :)

Love, India

Comments

Popular Posts